Is your vision loss affecting your independence, safety and mobility? If so, you might benefit from vision loss rehabilitation therapy.
If you have not previously been referred by your ophthalmologist, you may complete the self assessment prior to receiving rehabilitation services.
- Do you have any difficulty with your vision?
- Does vision loss make it challenging to do things on a day-to-day basis? (i.e. reading the newspaper, preparing meals, looking after a home, personal care, navigating stairs/curbs, travelling safely, care of others, getting job ready etc.)
If you have answered yes to any of these questions you may be eligible for our services.
Please contact us at 1-844-887-8572.
Your rehabilitation plan may include a range of services depending on your needs and goals. These services may be delivered over a series of appointments in your home or community, your workplace, over the phone, online or at one of our 24 Vision Loss Rehabilitation Ontario centres.
Referrals for children
In Ontario, Blind Low Vision (BLV) services for infants and preschoolers with vision loss are available through regional Children’s Treatment Centres. CNIB is an important partner with the BLV program.
To learn more about these services and what is available in your community:
- Visit the BLV program website
- Call Service Ontario at 1-866-821-7770
- Contact your local BLV service provider
- Speak to your pediatrician