Specialist, Service Coordination- Full Time
Do you want to work for a health care organization that changes people's lives? One that not only cares deeply about clients, but also values that its employees are its greatest asset?
Vision Loss Rehabilitation Canada is a unique health services organization that serves people who are blind or partially sighted across the country. Our certified specialists provide training that empowers clients to develop or to restore activities of daily living skills, to promote their independence, to enhance safety and mobility. We work closely with ophthalmologists, optometrists and other health care professionals, by providing essential care on a referral basis in homes, workplaces and communities across the country.
We offer competitive salaries and benefits, flexible schedules, and opportunities to grow.
For more information about Vision Loss Rehabilitation Canada, please visit visionlossrehab.ca or call 1-844-887-8572.
Position Title: Specialist, Service Coordination- Full Time
Reports To: Manager, Client Services
Date: September 27, 2021
- Scope and Summary of Primary Responsibilities
In covering a broad range of duties, the emphasis of this position is to conduct and complete the Comprehensive Assessment of Needs (CAN) and other required assessments, and to identify and coordinate the service needs for all individuals requiring vision rehabilitation services.
This position provides functional expertise within the provision of vision rehabilitation services, using the EVRR (Electronic Vision Rehabilitation Record) application within a matrix reporting structure.
II. Essential Functions
The position entails, but is not limited to the following general responsibilities:
- Conducts Comprehensive Assessment of Needs (CAN) and Personal Details Assessments within EVRR primarily by phone, with individuals requiring VLRC rehabilitation services and makes appropriate referrals.
- Ensures client needs are identified through appropriate use of the EVRR assessments.
- Identifies and assigns through EVRR the required Services and Interventions.
- Flags urgent/critical client situations to Service Manager or other designated staff.
- Provides appropriate follow up with clients to help ensure service quality standards are met.
- Serves as a point of contact for clients by responding to client enquiries.
- Conducts Exit Interview.
- Records all required data into EVRR in a timely manner, consistent with VLRC standards, including visit/time spent in service provision.
- Manages caseload in an effective and efficient manner.
- Responds to inquiries on VLRC services/programs and community resources.
- Initiates external referrals when appropriate.
- Builds relationships and partnerships with external stakeholders, partners, including local groups/agencies.
- Provides appropriate support and consultation to individuals, clients, and their families.
- Contributes as part of multidisciplinary team.
Problem Solving/Time Frame of Impact
- Utilizes established business rules, service standards and practices, and ensures policy and procedures are followed in a timely fashion.
- Provides timely delivery of CAN and assignment of appropriate services/interventions for each client.
- Ability to creatively and quickly problem solve to respond to unique individual needs.
- Participates in service evaluation and program planning processes, as needed, to maintain and improve service outcomes.
- Works under the general direction of national/divisional guidelines and standards but has latitude in making decisions on routine tasks.
- Consults with supervisor on issues that are more complex or may require upper-level approval.
- Exercises judgment and tact when working with individuals and knows when to elevate issues to the next level such as referring unusual client needs to appropriate person for service planning.
- Committed to maintaining privacy and confidentiality.
- Takes initiative to keep abreast of new and changing community resources and VLRC policies & procedures.
- Facilitates and enhances team efforts on a professional level and shares specialized knowledge, resources, experience, concepts, and skills.
- Engages and mentors volunteers as required.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Knowledge and experience working with individuals with vision loss.
- Well-developed interpersonal and communications skills, with emphasis on interviewing skills.
- Self-directed, organized, and detail oriented.
- Demonstration of a client-centered approach with commitment to excellent customer service.
- Demonstration of sound interviewing skills, good judgment, and ability to work under pressure.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work in a team environment and independently, with minimum supervision.
- Proficient in use of both standard office software and specialized client management technology.
Experience and Education
- Completed post-secondary education in the fields of Social Work,
Psychology, Applied Counseling, or an equivalent field.
- Minimum three years of experience working with individuals with a disability in a rehabilitation setting.
- Accreditation in counselling or rehabilitation is an asset.
- Willingness to work flexible hours
- Occasional travel may be required.
If this sounds like the role for you, apply now to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Be sure to include a resume, cover letter, and mention how you heard about this opportunity
VLRC is committed to creating and fostering an inclusive culture and welcomes applications from diverse candidates, including but not limited to Indigenous peoples, women, candidates with disabilities, and candidates of colour. We strongly encourage applications from applicants with sight loss. Direct lived experience would be a definite asset. We're excited to review your application
Please note that the successful candidate will be required to pass a standard Criminal Record Check.
We thank all applicants for their interest in VLRC, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted
Closing Date for Applications: September 20, 2021.