ON, Hamilton - Marketing & Communications Assistant
Do you want to work for a health care organization that changes people's lives? One that not only cares deeply about clients, but also values that its employees are its greatest asset?
Vision Loss Rehabilitation Canada is a unique health services organization that serves people who are blind or partially sighted across the country. Our certified specialists provide training that empowers clients to develop or to restore activities of daily living skills, to promote their independence, to enhance safety and mobility. We work closely with ophthalmologists, optometrists and other health care professionals, by providing essential care on a referral basis in homes, workplaces and communities across the country.
We offer competitive salaries and benefits, flexible schedules, and opportunities to grow.
For more information about Vision Loss Rehabilitation Canada, please visit visionlossrehab.ca or call 1-844-887-8572 .
Position Title: Marketing & Communications Assistant
Location: 207-565 Sanitorium Rd. Hamilton, ON
Reports To: Regional Manager, Vision Loss Rehabilitation Ontario
Date: August 12, 2021
I. Scope and Summary of Primary Responsibilities
In covering a broad range of duties, this position assists and supports the Regional Management Team, Vison Loss Rehabilitation Canada, Ontario (VLRC ON) Hamilton Region, with planning, implementation and evaluation of external promotion of services and programs to external partners.
II. Essential Functions
The position entails, but is not limited to the following general responsibilities:
- As directed by management, work with the team to roll out communication strategy with referring doctors to VLRC through direct written contact and social media options.
- Update doctor contact spreadsheet.
- Develops/edits related marketing materials.
- Conduct market research through social media
- General office duties including reception.
- Assists with community engagement research.
- Scanning and inputting of client documentation into client database.
- Complete evaluation at the end of placement to provide feedback on experience and provide a detailed report on activities/projects completed.
- Other related activities and duties as assigned, including office administration support, reception, mailers, confirmation calls, etc.
- Staff will be responsible for relationships VLRO staff, and clients
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Minimum two years post-secondary education preferred
- Be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment
- Have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with Ontario legislation and regulations
- Excellent computer skills
- Professional, articulate, confident presenter
- Superior interpersonal skills, excellent public speaking and writing skills and effective communicator among a diverse audience
- Able to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team and independently
- Strong research, analytical and organizational skills
- Flexible schedule
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Criminal record check will be a condition of employment
- New staff will receive VLRO orientation through onboarding process
- New staff will be trained in Sighted Guide by Certified Orientation & Mobility Specialist
- New staff will receive overview of Health & Safety for VLRO through Brightspace online learning platform including current IPAC guidelines
- Increased knowledge of issues relating to persons who are blind or visually impaired
- Willingness to work flexible hours; occasional evenings and weekends base on client need
- Must be able to attend community meetings, presentations, and appointments using a blend of virtual and in person
If this sounds like the role for you, apply now to email@example.com.
Be sure to include a resume, cover letter, and mention how you heard about this opportunity
VLRC is committed to creating and fostering an inclusive culture and welcomes applications from diverse candidates, including but not limited to Indigenous peoples, women, candidates with disabilities, and candidates of colour. We strongly encourage applications from applicants with sight loss. Direct lived experience would be a definite asset. We're excited to review your application.
Please note that the successful candidate will be required to pass a standard Criminal Record Check.
We thank all applicants for their interest in VLRC, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Closing Date for Applications: Until filled.