BC, Kelowna - Administrative Assistant – Canada Summer Jobs
Do you want to work for a health care organization that changes people's lives? One that not only cares deeply about clients, but also values that its employees are its greatest asset.
Vision Loss Rehabilitation Canada, British Columbia is the province's leading provider of professional vision rehabilitation therapy. Our professionally certified VLR BC specialists continue to set global standards for expertise, training, and professionalism in the field.
We offer competitive salaries and benefits, flexible schedules, and opportunities to grow.
For more information about Vision Loss Rehabilitation Canada, please visit visionlossrehab.ca or call 1-844-887-8572.
Date: August 24, 2021
Job Title: Administrative Assistant – Canada Summer Jobs
Location: Kelowna, BC
Term: Temporary - 16 weeks (17.5 hours per week)
Salary: $15.20 per hour
This funded position through the Canada Summer Jobs Program, will afford a student the opportunity to gain experience and learn practical skills associated with working in an organization that provides professional vision rehabilitation therapy.
VLRC is looking for an energetic dynamic individual who will work with our BC management team to support creation of our provincial marketing materials and to provide administrative support to the Kelowna Office team.
To be eligible for the funding associated with this position, you must be:
- between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive) at the start of employment
- a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Protection Act
- legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial/territorial legislation and regulations. International students are not eligible.
- Develops and edits power points for public education.
- Develops and edits provincial brochure
- Provides support to managers around other administrative needs.
- Provides support to Office Relocation Assistant as required.
- Provides general office administrative duties.
- Completes evaluation at the end of placement to provide feedback on experience and provide a detailed report on activities/projects completed.
- Other related duties as required.
- Minimum two years post-secondary education preferably in business or marketing
- Previous experience with individuals with vision loss preferred
- Excellent computer skills
- Professional, articulate, confident presenter
- Superior interpersonal skills, excellent public speaking and writing skills, and effective communicator among a diverse audience
- Able to work as part of a team and independently
- Strong research, analytical, and organizational skills
If this sounds like the role for you, please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 30, 2021. Be sure to include a resume, cover letter, and mention how you heard about this opportunity.